Books featured on Books and Ideas
Looking for a Specific Author or Title? Use the Search bar at the top of the page.
Below is a list of books which have been featured on the Books and Ideas podcast.
They are listed alphabetically by author.
- Ariely, Dan, Predictably Irrational: The Hidden Forces That Shape Our Decisions; B&I Interview; Audible.com link.
- Bailey, Sue, and, Flowers, Carmen, Grave Expectations: Planning the End Like There's No Tomorrow; B&I Interview.
- Carter, Jimmy, Palestine: Peace Not Apartheid; B&I 8; Audible.com link.
- Chemero, Anthony and Stephan Kaufer, Phenomenology: An Introduction; B&I Interview.
- Clark, Tom, Encountering Naturalism; A Worldview and Its Uses; B&I Interview.
- Cobb, Matthew, Generation: The 17th Century Scientists Who Unravelled the Secrets of Sex, Life, and Growth; B&I 6; B&I Interview; Life's Greatest Secret: The Race to Crack the Genetic Code; B&I Interview.
- Deacon, Terrence, Incomplete Nature: How Mind Emerged from Matter; B&I Interview.
- Duffy, Kyla, Lost Souls: FOUND! Inspiring Stories about Golden Retrievers; B&I Interview.
- Ellis, Christiana, Nina Kimberly the Merciless; B&I Interview.
- Evatt, Cris, The Myth of Free Will; B&I 12.
- Gottschall, Jonathan, The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human; B&I Interview.
- Hecht, Jennifer Michael, Doubt: A History: The Great Doubters and their Legacy of Innovation from Socrates and Jesus to Thomas Jefferson and Emily Dickenson; and, The Happiness Myth: The Historical Antidote to What Isn't Working Today; B&I Interview; Audible.com link
- Hood, Bruce, Supersense: Why We Believe in the Unbelievable; B&I Interview.
- Johnson, Les, Paradise Regained: The Regreening of Earth; B&I Interview.
- Lafferty, Mur, Playing for Keeps; B&I Interview.
- Maisel, Eric, Brainstorm: Harnessing the Power of Productive Obsessions, and, The Atheist's Way: Living Well Without Gods; B&I Interview.
- Martensen, Robert, A Life Worth Living: A Doctor's Reflections on Illness in a High-Tech Era; B&I Interview.
- Mooney, Chris, and, Kirshenbaum, Sheril, Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens our Future: B&I Interview.
- Offit, Paul, Autism's False Prophets: Bad Science, Risky Medicine, and the Search for a Cure; B&I Interview; and, Deadly Choices: How the Anti-Vaccine Movement Threatens Us All; B&I Interview.
- Panksepp, Jaak, Affective Neuroscience: The Foundations of Human and Animal Emotions, and The Archaeology of Mind: Neuroevolutionary Origins of Emotions; B&I Interview; BSP 65; BSP 91.
- Pigliucci, Massimo, Nonsense on Stilts: How to Tell Science from Bunk; B&I Interview; Audible.com link.
- John Ratey, and Richard Manning, Go Wild: Free Your Body and Mind from the Afflictions of Civilization; B&I interview, Audible Link.
- Reid, Roger, Longleaf; Space; and, Time; B&I Interview.
- Rowling, J.K., Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Book 1); Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Book 2); Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Book 3); Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Book 4); Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Book 5); Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Book 6); Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7); B&I 13.
- Saag, Michael, Positive: One Doctor's Personal Encounters with Death, Life, and the US Healthcare System; B&I Interview.
- Sigler, Scott, Contagious: A Novel; Audible.com link; and, Infected: A Novel; Audible.com link; B&I Interview.
- Silver, Lee, Challenging Nature: The Clash Between Biotechnology and Spirituality; B&I Interview.
- Smith, Tabitha Grace, Go Ask Malice: A Slayer's Diary; B&I Interview.
- Smolin, Lee, The Trouble with Physics: The Rise of String Theory, the Fall of a Science, and What Comes Next; B&I 2; Audible.com link.
- Tavris, Carol, and, Aronson, Elliot, Mistakes Were Made (But Not By Me): Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts; B&I Interview; Audible.com link.
- Traviss, Karen, Gears of War: Aspho Fields; Gears of War: Coalition's End; Gears of War: Anvil Gate; and, Halo:Glasslands; B&I Interview.
- Tucker, Holly, Blood Work: A Tale of Medicine and Murder in the Scientific Revolution; B&I Interview.
- Walch, Rob, and, Lafferty, Mur, Tricks of the Podcasting Masters; B&I Interview.
- White, Skyler, and Falling, Fly, and, In Dreams Begin; B&I Interview.
- Whitehouse, Peter, and, George, Daniel, The Myth of Alzheimer's: What You Aren't Being Told About Today's Most Dreaded Diagnosis; B&I Interview; BSP Interview; Audible.com link.
- Wilczek, Frank, The Lightness of Being: Mass, Ether, and the Unification of Forces; B&I Interview.