It has been over a year since I produced an episode of Books and Ideas, but I am glad to be able to share a new interview with author Mur Lafferty. She just released a new novel called Six Wakes and in 2015 Mur was one of the original inductees into the Academy of Podcasters Hall of Fame. This was an honor she greatly deserved since she is one of the true pioneers of podcasting.
In Books and Ideas #61 we talk about her novel Six Wakes, which is an unusual SciFi murder mystery. All the victims and suspects are clones, which creates some very interesting ethical dilemmas. I have been a fan of Mur's writing for at least 10 years, and Six Wakes is clearly the work of a mature writer who has honed her craft with much hard work.
That's why her advice for young writers, "Never give up!" really rings true.
Mur also shares the surprising ways that podcasting has influenced her writing career.
References and Links
- Visit Mur Lafferty's website at http://murverse.com.
- Listen to Mur's previous interviews: BI 17 and BI 52.
- Six Wakes by Mur Lafferty
- The Shambling Guide to New York City by Mur Lafferty
- The Heaven Series by Mur Lafferty: all seasons are available on scribl, which has replaced Podiobooks.
- Gears of War novels by Karen Traviss (BI 44)
- The Honor of the Queen (Honor Harrington #2) by David Weber
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers) by Becky Chambers