Episode Transcript (Download PDF)
References and Links:
- Unscientific America: How Scientific Illiteracy Threatens our Future by Chris Mooney and Sheril Kirshenbaum
- Chris Mooney's interview on the Point of Inquiry Podcast: November 2009.
- Don't Be Such a Scientist: Talking Substance in an Age of Style by Randy Olson PhD
- The Intersection: Mooney and Kirshenbaum's science blog at Discover.com
- "Who are America's science role models? (It's ugly, folks.) " by Eric Burger (March 21, 2008): Most Americans can't even name a living scientist!
- CP Snow and his famous Two Cultures essay (wikipedia)
- The Science & Entertainment Exchange: a program of the National Academy of Sciences that provides entertainment industry professionals with access to top scientists and engineers to help bring the reality of cutting-edge science to creative and engaging storylines.
- Policy Fellowships for Scientists and Engineers: opportunities for scientists and engineers of all ages.
Send feedback to gincampbell at mac dot com or leave voicemail at 206-984-0358.