Both Books and Ideas and the Brain Science Podcast were launched in 2006. This post includes a list of all the episodes posted in 2014.Read More
On May 11, 2011 Ginger Campbell, MD gave a talk entitled "Why Neuroscience Matters" at the London Skeptics in the Pub. Episode 42 of Books and Ideas is an edited version of that talk, including the lively Q and A with the audience.
Free Episode Transcript (Download PDF)
- Bayes, A., Grant, S., et al. "Characterization of the proteome, diseases and evolution of the human postsynaptic density." Nature Neuroscience 14, 19–21 (2011) (Published online 12/23/2010).
- Libet, B. "Do We Have Free Will?" Journal of Consciousness Studies, 6. No. 8-9, 1999, pp. 47-57.
- On Being Certain: Believing You Are Right Even When You're Not (2008) by Robert Burton; p 127.
- Philosophy in the Flesh : The Embodied Mind and Its Challenge to Western Thought (1999) by George Lakoff, Mark Johnson; p 4.
- Brain Waves Module 2: Report on Education and Neuroscience from the Royal Society (2011).
From the Brain Science Podcast
- BSP 25: Rolf Pfeifer, PhD, author How the Body Shapes the Mind.
- BSP 26: Norman Doidge, MD, author of The Brain That Changes Itself
- BSP 42: On Being Certain and BSP 43: Interview with Robert Burton, MD
- BSP 51: Evolution of the Synapse with Seth Grant, PhD
- BSP 59: Use of C. Elegans in Neuroscience with Guy Caldwell, PhD
- BSP 65: Subcortical Origins of Basic Emotions with Jaak Panksepp, PhD
- Dr. Campbell will be a speaker at The Amazing Meeting 9, which is coming up in Las Vegas, Nevada July 14-17.
Please send your feedback to Dr. Campbell at gincampbel at mac dot com, or post a comment on the Facebook Fan Page.
Don't forget to sign up for Ginger Campbell's Newsletter so you can get show notes for every podcast.