I recently had the opportunity to be a guest on The Secular Buddhist podcast, which is hosted by Ted Meisner. We talked about neuroscience and my new eBook Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty. I enjoyed learning about the Secular Buddhist Association, which is an outgrowth of the podcast, but I was surprised that listener feedback indicated that many listeners have a poor understanding of Buddhism and how it relates to Secularism. That is why I invited Meisner to come on my Books and Ideas podcast.
I have just posted this interview as Episode 50:
Episode Transcript (Download FREE PDF)
- I encourage you to check out the list of interesting people that Ted has interviewed on The Secular Buddhist podcast.
- My interviews were episode 124 and 133.
- I talked about insight mediation with Delany Dean back in Books and Ideas 20 and I also talked to Dr. Dan Siegel about the neuroscience of meditation in Brain Science Podcast 44.
- The Naked Monk:
- Buddhism Without Beliefs: A Contemporary Guide to Awakening by Stephen Batchelor
- Confession of a Buddhist Atheist by Stephen Batchelor
- The Universe in a Single Atom (2005) by His Holiness the Dalai Lama (Narrated by Richard Gere.
- Beyond Religion: Ethics for a Whole World (2011) by His Holiness the Dalai Lama (Narrated by Martin Sheen).
- Please see the FREE EPISODE TRANSCRIPT for additional links and references.
- Are You Sure? The Unconscious Origins of Certainty by Ginger Campbell, MD is now on sale. Send me your Amazon receipt to get a free PDF.
- Upcoming podcasts: Jaak Panksepp on the emotional lives of animals and the annual year-end review on the Brain Science Podcast.
- Sign up for Ginger Campbell's newsletter and get podcast show notes automatically. Never miss a show!
- Meet next month at the New Media Expo in Las Vegas (January 6-8, 2013).