Episode 49 of Books and Ideas is an interview with Emily Reese from Minnesota Public Radio. Reese is the host of two podcasts that I enjoy: Top Score and Learning to Listen. In this interview we focus on Top Score, which is a podcast about video game music. Reese interviews the composers and gives listeners an inside look at the challenges that face composers in this new, but growing field. You don't need to be a muscian or a gamer to enjoy Emily's podcasts.
Free Episode Transcript (Download PDF)
- Top Score on Minnesota Public Radio
- Emily's interview of Christopher Tin
- Emily's interview of Jessica Curry
- Emily's interview of Richarc Jacques
- Emily's interview of Martin O'Donnell
- Be sure to see the free episode transcripts for links to all the composers mentioned in the podcast.
- If you enjoy video games and/or good science fiction check out Books and Ideas #44 with author Karen Traviss.
- All music clips in this episode comply with the 30 second limit for Fair Use.
- Click here for a full list of the music used or see the free episode transcript.
- Please post your comments on the Books and Ideas Fan Page on Facebook or on Google+. You can also post to the Brain Science Podcast Discussion Forum at Goodreads.com.
- Next month's Books and Ideas is an interview with Ted Meissner who is the host of The Secular Buddhist podcast. In the meantime you might want to check out my interviews on his show: ep 124 and ep 133
- I also plan to interview Jaak Panksepp. We will be talking about how discoveries from affective neuroscience should influence the treatment of laboratory animals.
- Send me email at gincampbell at mac dot com or follow me on Twitter (@docartemis).
- Sign up for my newsletter to automatically receive the show notes for both Books and Ideas and the Brain Science Podcast.