Main Topics from this Episode:
- 2008 Nobel Prize in Physics
- String Theory: a look at how it differs from the standard model and the question of whether it can be tested
- Dark Matter and Dark Energy: 95% of the matter in the universe remains unexplained!
- Anti-matter: where science meets science fiction
- Dr. Wilczek's research: Could axions be dark matter? Using quantum mechanics to create new electronics.
- Questions from listeners
- My personal blog is at http://gingercampbellmd.com. This site includes abridged show notes for the Brain Science Podcast as well as complete show notes for Books and Ideas.
- Books and Ideas will continue to come out monthly in 2009.
- Please check out the interesting interviews of Professor Roger Short about Asian Elephants at http://brainsmatter.com.
- The theme music for Books and Ideas is The Open Door by the Beatnik Turtle.
Episodes 23 and 24 are based on Dr. Wilczek's excellent book:
Leave comments at the Discussion Forum